With your help and generosity, The Lupus Foundation of Florida can continue our important work of helping people with this debilitating disease and working with our national partners to discover new treatments, and someday, a cure.
Donations of any amount help us support Floridians with lupus, including our support groups, medical care for the un- and under-insured, and advocacy for finding cutting edge treatments and working toward a cure.
Put in perspective – what your support financial provides:
$25 provides a courtesy membership for a patient who cannot afford one
$100 provides ten lupus education booklets
$200 covers the cost of one weekly e-Newsletter
$1,000 pays a professional’s speaker fee for a community education seminar
$2,000 pays for a quarterly paper newsletter and mailing
$2,500 pays for a lupus seminar
We rely on our amazing team of volunteers to represent the Foundation across the state. There is an opportunity for everyone!
- Support Group Facilitators: Arrange for a local meeting place, connect group members with the Foundation, and facilitate discussions. We offer free training and guidance to ensure your local group is a success!
- Health Fair Representatives: Set up materials at local health fairs. We provide the materials for you to discuss the Foundation and lupus with attendees.
- Dine to Donate Coordinators: Arrange “Dine to Donate” events in your town. We guide you every step of the way.
- Patient Speakers: We regularly receive requests for patients to speak at Community Health Charity donation drives at companies around the state.
- New Patient Mentors: Work one-on-one to support a newly diagnosed patient.
- Patient Phone Support: Lupus is isolating. Be a phone buddy.
Please contact us to find out more about the volunteer opportunities, time commitment and the rewards of serving the community.